The position of Director, Emergency Services presents a unique and extraordinary opportunity to lead the management and direction of emergency, trauma and transport services for St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
- Nationally-ranked in all 10 specialties by US News’ “Best Children’s Hospitals”, St. Louis Children’s Hospital is a a 264-bed academic medical center affiliated with Washington University School of Medicine, consistently ranked one of the top medical schools in the country.
- St. Louis Children’s was recently redesignated for the third time as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), recognizing excellence in nursing.
- The Emergency Department at St. Louis Children’s Hospital is the only Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center in Missouri, with 26 beds and approximately 52,000 visits annually.
- Located on the rapidly developing Washington University Medical Center campus, St. Louis Children’s Hospital sits in the heart of St. Louis’ thriving central corridor. The growing St. Louis metropolitan area is the largest in Missouri, one of the largest in the Midwest and the 19th largest metropolitan area in the country with over 2.8 million residents.
- The ideal candidate will have deep experience in pediatric and/or emergency services with several years of progressive leadership responsibility.
- The ideal candidate will be a registered nurse with experience in a complex, like-sized organization in a competitive environment.
- A collaborative and diplomatic style will be essential, as will a demonstrated track record of success in building strong relationships with staff, physicians, and hospital leadership.
This search is being led by John Lenihan, Senior Consultant at Gallagher MSA Search. Interested candidates, or those wishing to share referrals, please contact Pat Neds, Senior Recruiter and Certified Diversity Recruiter, at Patricia.Neds@MSASearch.com or Jenny Jordan, Consultant, at Jenny.Jordan@MSASearch.com.