What general types of information does this Site collect?
This Site collects personally identifiable information (“PII”), non-personal information (“NPI”), and aggregate information (“AI”).
What are the differences and definitions of the different types of information collected by this Site?
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used to reveal your identity.
Non-Personal Information (“NPI”): Non-Personal Information is information that is related to an individual user but does not individually identify that user. An example would include Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Aggregate Information (“AI”): Aggregate Information refers to non-personal information of an aggregated nature including number of clicks, number of visitors, links hit, etc. overall for the Site and is not related to any one individual user.
What specific information do we collect?
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): Your full name, mailing and/or billing address including street name and street number, gender, age, city, state, zip and apartment or suite number if applicable, phone number (could be any combination of mobile, office and home), email address (home and/or business), emergency contact information, names and contact information of people you nominate, usernames, passwords, credentials you provide, stories or other information you submit about yourself or others, and any information required by the credit card company or by Payment Card Industry security standards to verify your identity on a credit card transaction including but not limited to your credit card number, date of credit expiration, and security code
- Non-Personal Information (“NPI”): We may collect from users their IP address, browser type, domain name, the pages accessed, the time of access, the previous site before accessing this Site, statistics related to usage of educational tools, the length of time on the Site, the link that brought the user to the Site, and other non-personal related information.
- Aggregate Information (“AI”): We may collect in aggregate form the number of users accessing the Site, the pages accessed, the clicks per page, the number of links accessed and other non-personal aggregated information not tied to a specific user.
How do we collect the information?
For Personally Identifiable Information, generally we collect it from the information you provide to the Site such as when you submit a user form, register for a product or service, when you contact us, or purchase a product or service. However, we may also collect such information from other sources including our affiliates and from third parties that we contract with to process credit cards, process applications, or send communications.
What do we do with the information we collect? Why are we collecting this information?
- We collect PII for multiple purposes that may include membership registration, event registration, help you update username/password, to look up your information if needed, for credit card processing, for collecting donations or fees, registration for special gaming programs or educational opportunities, on user inputted forms for various purposes including but not limited to nominating honorees for awards, for inquiries, for comments, suggestions, or other user forms, for mailing and communication purposes, and for access to tools we offer.
- NPI & AI: We collect Non-Personal and Aggregate Information in order that we may better understand how you use the Site, update our Site content, understand trends, for demographic informational purposes, improve the Site experience, and perform non-personal or aggregate statistics.
- We may also use the information we collect (including PI, NPI, and AI) to meet legal and regulatory obligations, to protect the property of ANA and its affiliates, and to better offer our services or products.
Do we share any of the Personally Identifiable Information we collect?
We may share or disclose any information we collect about you including Personally Identifiable Information with our affiliates. We may also share or disclose such PII with third parties whom we have contracted with for the purposes of carrying out the purposes of registration, marketing, communications or credit card processing.
Do we share any of the Personally Identifiable Information we collect about you to third parties for their direct marketing purposes?
ANA does not rent or sell its membership lists to any third parties. However, we may share some of your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes when you purchase a product and/or service or when you register for a conference, account, session or other service.
You can opt-out of cookies by adjusting your browser settings. However, if you opt-out of cookies, portions of the Site may not function normally or you may be prevented from utilizing certain aspects.
Opting Out –Google Analytics
You can opt-out of this feature using Google Ad settings or through the Google Analytics opt-out browser.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags, Clear GIFs and other technologies.
From time to time we may use web beacons, pixel tags, clear gifs, or other technologies (“Other Technologies”) that allow your information to be tracked across sites for the purposes of advertising or remarketing such as Google’s Remarketing AdWords Program as well as other similar programs (See Google Remarketing Below)
Google Remarketing is a dynamic interactive online advertising behavioral algorithm and process that provides for you to receive targeted ads across many sites based on your suspected interests gathered from your operation of this Site and other websites. It achieves this by connecting your activities on this Site with the AdWords advertising network and the DoubleClick Cookie. This means that you may see ads on other sites behaviorally targeted to you with the intent of being something that is in your frame of interest based on your use of this Site and other sites where Google Remarketing is operating. Cookies are used to track your behavior for this advertising remarketing. While this does not track PII, it may be possible to combine this information with PII about you. You can opt out of the cookie for remarketing tracking here: http://google.com/settings/ads/onweb/optout?hl=en.
You can also opt out of Google Remarketing by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page. Google has additional information available about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions.
Do Not Track.
Our Site does NOT react to Do Not Track options you set in your browser.
Tracking PII about your online activities across different websites when you use this Site.
We may track PII about you when you visit one of ANA’s other websites and/or when you visit our affiliate’s websites. Also, from time to time we may use Google Analytics. While we don’t use Google Analytics to reveal your identity, Google Analytics may be able to track your usage and PII about you across other websites when you access this Site.
You acknowledge that any communications or transmissions to or from this Site or any related site may not be completely private even if such efforts are made to secure the privacy of such as communications and transmissions can be intercepted.
Third Party Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Third Party Links and Other sites.